Sunday, July 19, 2009

No News

The dress problem still lingers. I have decided to wait six months or so to buy, and then I will most likely take photos of the Watters dress to a dressmaker and see if they can create something similar. I have seen a few dresses available, but none in my size, or a size that could really be altered to fit me. I hate to admit it to the world, but right now I am a 14 in formal dresses, so a 10 or 12 isn't really a great fit. I am continuing to exercise, and I am putting myself on a much more strict vegetarian diet (I've really let myself slip over the past few years). In fact, I am trying to stick to a vegan diet the majority of the time. No more fish (okay, so I was a pescatarian), gelatin (HUGE SLIP THERE), and label reading galore. I had originally thought that I would try and carry out a gluten-free vegan diet, but holly crap - vegan is difficult enough! It should save me some money though - I can't eat in the cafeteria at work anymore.
Though this is a departure from the wedding theme, as long as I am talking about healthy life choices, I want to talk about quitting smoking. Casey and I have discussed quitting on and off for the last couple of years. We have decided to quit (most likely in October, though that is quite a wait for me. I am afraid I'll lose my enthusiasm.) and use the money that we would spend on cigarettes to save for a sown payment on a house. That is about $3,600 a year before any other contributions. I figure I'll add in part of my gain-sharing from work and maybe an extra $20 a paycheck once I'm making a little more money. With interest and whatever extra money Casey can contribute we should have a decent down payment before we have kids. That is, if things work out the way we plan. I know that it is not always the case.
Back to wedding related info! Previously I mentioned that I want ornamental kale. Several months ago I saw a centerpiece in a friend's bridal magazine about flowers. It was white ornamental kale, and if I remember correctly, it was potted. That is sort of what I have in mind, but of course, I can find NO pictures. The friend is no longer planning her wedding, and though I haven't asked, I am afraid she may have purged all of that research material. I'm sure it will disappoint my future mother-in-law/florist to read that the table centerpiece/decor I'm currently envisioning involves mostly potted plants, and not so many cut flowers. HOWEVER! With more than I year to plan, and no set reception site, I have not set my heart on any one idea. This is the closest picture I could find, though it isn't quite "it."

No comments:

Post a Comment