Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Dress Problem - II

I bit the bullet and went to Serendipity Bridal today. They were nicer than I remembered from when Ellie and I went shopping. All they had was bad news. The dress I want, Watters 1096B, is from the 2001 collection, and has been discontinued, and there are zero in hanging inventory. I asked if they had anything similar, and she said, "No. In fact, I haven't really ever seen a dress like that."
Who knows an incredibly talented seamstress in the Austin/San Antonio area?
I did see a similar dress while I was in San Francisco, in a vintage shop. If was an extremely tiny dress from the 30s, with a tag that said "FRAGILE!" It was only $300, and if I were an extremely tiny girl I would have purchased it.
So, on with the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment